Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The birds


Our new guest has become part of our family.  I think he will stay, I hope anyway.
He is a rescued, tame Canadian goose we took in at the end of January.  He was weak, skinny and very cold.  He can't fly and now has a new home.  
He follows me around the garden, he is lovely, just lovely.



Our neighbor gave us this chicken house last fall.  I put on the window and the nesting box.  I still have some work to do, a coat of paint, a better latch...  so far it is working out great.  The nesting box keeps the eggs so clean.


It only took me a few hours to make two nesting boxes this size.  My idea worked!  I think knowing how to sew helps so much in the construction of any project.  It is all the same idea, creating a three-dimensional, usable object/garment from an idea or prototype, just a different medium... 
Easy to open, easy to clean.

The girls.



The "big" chicken house.  We made it a few years ago out of salvaged or leftover wood and found windows.  It has a bigger box, there are four nests in this box. 

Sista lookin' out into the sun.

Bandit, our rooster.

The gift....

No comments:

Post a Comment