Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring is in the air...



I sat in front of my iMac last night typing away about Permaculture and home grown food canned, dehydrated and stored in cute little jars for consumption throughout the year but my satellite failed me and I lost it all.  Oh well, it was like the written letter that you crumble and release to the universe.  The thoughts weren't lost on me.

So, instead this morning after a long, healing sleep I awoke to bright, warm sunshine.  We actually have the chicken coop open and I can hear Rex cock-a-doodle-dooing across the yard.  Spring is coming. I spent some of the morning reading some of my fave blogs and saw the boxes made by the Angry Chicken.  I was reminded of my jewelry box.  It is a gift to myself, every detail lovingly made with me in mind even down to the inscription on the back.  I love the picture of the pink faded baby shoes on the top of the box.  They remind me of the tiny pink baby shoes my mom saved for me all these long years.  They represent my life, to me anyway, the innocence of a little girl now grown. I just want to honor that little girl, embrace that innocence and not let the blossom fade in the light of reality or illness....I covered the entire lid of the box in local mica chips.  Another reason I love the bare ground, I find mica flakes every morning on my walk.  I think the mica chips make the box look old and faded.  I usually make these boxes and give them away, but this time the box was a memento of my journey through brain surgery.  So, here I am, sitting in front of the window listening to James Hunter and watching the snow melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment